Experienced corporate generalist and legal executive, skilled in the law of business, advising management, department management and application of substantive law. Handle and oversee all legal issues, exposure to risk, and search for solutions for operations and corporate administration. Experience in diverse business settings, including a subsidiary of a SEC-regulated parent; a diversified, large private holding company and its subsidiaries; and a large healthcare charity. Licensed to practice law in Tennessee.
Areas of Expertise
- Law department management; advising executive and operating management
- Enterprise projects; team development and leadership
- Most legal areas in commercial settings, including, IP portfolio management; branding; technology and technology trends; privacy; ethics; contracts and negotiations; risk management and insurance; litigation management; management of outside counsel.
- Development and deployment of mobile applications.
- Regulated industries in alcohol, gaming and large charities, including general compliance
- Leadership through professional competency, example, and persuasion
- Mediating, applying directive management when necessary
- Setting standards and best practices in operations and professionalism
- Applying metrics and analysis for reporting and management; use metrics for team development to leverage department resources to promote efficiency in results
- Enterprise projects of all descriptions
- Creative and solutions-oriented. Excels in an environment of collaboration, respecting all skills necessary to achieve solutions. Incorporate legal risk and mitigation into operating goals and systems in an integrated fashion.
- Directed all legal issues for all aspects of organization’s enterprise and advised management and staff on legal issues. Established standards and compliance structure for charitable fundraising, charitable gaming and legal support for operations and administration of a $700 million fundraising organization. Managed a 400% increase in functional workload with modest additions to staff, while increasing productivity and the quality of services.
- Negotiations and transactions in contracts in diverse subject areas, including a large privately-owned sports and public concessions company; IT; services and goods.
- Established framework for leveraging emerging media – internet marketing, compliance in search protocols, social media – in light of mission goals and best practices for marketing and privacy.
- Advised and participated in Human Resources enterprise issues, including employee handbook, policies, FLSA, immigration, EEO compliance and benefit plans.
- ALSAC, Memphis, TN 2004 to 2010
- Private Practice and Williams & Prochaska, Memphis, TN 1997- 2004
- Delware North Companies Incorporated, Buffalo, NY 1987 – 1997
- Juris Doctor, University of Memphis, School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Foundation
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Mid South Association of Contingency Planners